One of the most asked questions in golf is how to increase clubhead speed.
If you’re like most golfers, wanting to squeeze as much distance out of your swing as possible, maxing out your distance on the golf course, then increasing your clubhead speed is going to be a big factor.
Here at Golf Sizzle, we don’t like to beat around the bush so let’s just dive right into this and talk about the best ways to get that clubhead moving!
Table of Contents
How to Increase Swing Speed: The Age-Old Question
There are a few key things you can do to increase your clubhead speed and drive the ball further.
Here are a few tips:
Use a Lighter Golf Club
One of the easiest ways to increase your clubhead speed is to simply use a lighter golf club. This is because a lighter club will require less strength to get moving at a higher speed.
Improve Your Fitness Level
A big part of increasing swing speed is having the physical strength and golf stamina to do so.
By improving your fitness level and working on your endurance, you’ll be able to put more power behind your swing and increase your clubhead speed in the process.
Not to mention, improving overall fitness will also impact the quality of life as well, so it’s never a bad idea in general.
Use Golf Training Aids
Golf training aids are designed to help improve different aspects of your game, including swing speed. By using a golf training aid, you can help increase the speed of your swing and hit the ball further.
Practice With Purpose
When you’re practicing your golf swing, it’s important to do so with a purpose. Rather than just mindlessly hitting balls, focus on hitting the ball as hard as you can while still maintaining good form. This will help ingrain the feeling of swinging hard and fast and carry over into your actual rounds.
By implementing these tips, you can increase your swing speed and hit the ball farther than ever before.
Aside from the tips above, some other swing speed factors to watch are:
- Understanding the anatomy of a golf swing. This will help you know which muscles to focus on when trying to increase your clubhead speed.
- The type of golf clubs you’re using. Some clubs are simply designed for more distance than others.
- Your grip. Having a proper grip on the golf club can also affect how fast you swing the club and how much power you generate.
- Learn how to generate more power from your lower body. This is often overlooked but the lower body plays a big role in how fast you can swing the club.
- Training your muscles to fire in the correct sequence. This is another area where the anatomy of the golf swing comes into play. If your golf posture is poor, and muscles are firing in the wrong order, it can actually slow down your swing.
- Focusing on quality over quantity with practice time. It’s better to spend less time hitting balls if you’re not able to focus and be purposeful with your swings. Once you have a solid understanding of how to increase clubhead speed, it’s important to be mindful of how you practice so that you can see the biggest improvements in your game.
- Use the right equipment to help you achieve your goals. As mentioned before, some golf clubs are better suited for distance than others. In addition to that, there are also a number of training aids available that can help you increase your clubhead speed.
- Find a golf coach or instructor to help you out. A good coach will be able to identify any areas where you need improvement and give you the proper guidance to ensure you are taking the right actions.
- Stay motivated and focused on your progress. Improving your club head speed is not going to happen overnight. It’s important to stay patient and dedicated to the process so that you can see the best results.
By following these tips, you can be on your way to hitting the ball further than you ever thought possible. Implementing even just a few of these suggestions can make a big difference.
How to Increase Clubhead Speed With Irons
We are addressing this because the questions come up a lot!
The bottom line is this… To increase swing speed with irons you simply follow the steps outlined above, because you will gain speed with every club when you focus on the actions that lead to more swing speed!
How to Increase Club Head Speed for Seniors Golfers
The same principles apply to seniors as they do to everyone else, but there may be a few additional considerations.
First, it’s important to make sure you’re staying healthy and injury-free. This means warmups and cool-downs are key, as well as listening to your body and knowing when to take a break.
As we age, things like balance, flexibility, and strength decline. That is normal. However, it is important to know that you can fight back against these things. Being proactive is always a great idea as well.
Second, seniors may not be able to swing as fast as they used to. This is perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned about. As long as you’re still able to swing the club with proper form, you’ll be able to hit the ball just fine.
And finally, keep in mind that there are certain clubs that are designed specifically for seniors. These clubs can be lighter and have more flexible shafts, which can make them easier to swing.
If you’re a senior golfer who is looking to increase club head speed, just focus on the tips mentioned above and you’ll be well on your way to hitting the ball further than ever before.
How to Increase Clubhead Speed: Final Thoughts
Increasing your clubhead speed is a great way to add distance to your shots. While it may seem like a daunting task, it’s actually quite simple when you break it down into smaller steps.
Remember to focus on the grip, posture, and alignment. These are the three key components to increasing clubhead speed.
That’s a wrap!
Thanks for checking out this swing speed masterpiece.
If you love the game and want to get more distance then gaining swing speed is key.
Like, share, or comment below if you enjoyed this post, and bookmark Golf Sizzle for more great golf-related content!
To your golf success!